Indoor plants know a thing or two about fashions revolving door; theyve been in and out of favour for centuries. In our modern western culture, houseplants are back in vogue more than ever. Some of us recall the 1970s and 80s resurgence of indoor greenery, complementing the funky interior stylings of the time. Today, its the Millennials driving demand for indoor greenery. The desire to bring living species into living spaces never gets old.
The wellbeing benefits of being surrounded by plants are more easily achieved these days with smart container designs that support plant health. Clever pots and planters with integrated water reservoirs eliminates any worry about water draining onto the floor. Easily maintained greenwalls also make beautiful, healthy interiors more accessible. Vicinity Greenwall comes with its own simple, reliable irrigation system which effortlessly keep plants watered at the right level. Perfect for todays busy lifestyles.
Indoor plants hold so many attractions for anyone wanting to create an internal Garden of Eden (even if its just a humble bathroom fern):
- Low maintenance even time-poor brown thumbs can be successful plant owners
- Mobile pot plants can be moved easily between rooms, and from house to house
- Variety updating plants is easy with a quick visit to the nursery and some potting mix
- Style the ever-increasing range of decorative pots, baskets and containers for plants drives higher frequency purchases
- Healthy workspaces whether in a home office or shared workspace, modern workers expect plants to be an integrated element.
Plantscapers, horticulturalists and workspace designers can capitalise on this growing market with some creative approaches:
- Understanding the various drainage and irrigation options for indoor greenwalls and planters will allow you to offer convenient, fuss-free solutions for clients. Being able to offer products and plantscape designs that avoid water leakage indoors makes you stand out from competitors who cant.
- Awareness of trending species and how these are best styled indoors can position you as the expert for potential clients who want to green their space, but might not know where to start. Fashionable plants right now include the fiddle leaf ficus, philodendrons, rubber plants, spider plants and jades.
- Partner with interior stylists and nurseries who regularly curate indoor collections. Run competitions, information evenings or advisory/consulting services.
To avoid a cluttered look, use groups of pots in the same colour or shape, or employ troughs to separate workspaces. Depending on the available space, large pots repeated throughout can create a more cohesive green oasis. Vicinity Greenwall is the ultimate in adaptable greenery. The systems clip-in/clip-out pots make moving or changing a plant a breeze.
Call us to discuss commercial indoor pots and greenwalls: (03) 9701 8699.